Students are accepted into the school regardless of sex, race, ethnic background or religious preference.
We are currently accepting applications for students aged 2 and 1/2 through 4 years for our four Primary classrooms. We also occasionally have openings in the elementary for students with Montessori background. See below for details.
Admissions Process For Preschool Students:
- The process begins when a parent contacts RMS, either by phone or by email.
- The next step is to submit a registration form.
- Once the registration forms are complete, and assuming we have an opening, the student is enrolled.
- If an opening does not exist at that moment, the child may be placed on our waiting list. The school will notify the parent when an opening develops.
Admission Process For Elementary and Adolescent Students:
- Montessori is an educational philosophy that is graduated through several planes of development which are integrated into an overall curriculum. At RMS, this curriculum begins at the Children’s House (ages 2 and 1/2 to 5) and extends up to the Adolescent Program (ages 12 and 13). For this reason, it is not the policy at RMS to accept students into the upper grades without previous Montessori education. Exceptions may only be made by the school director.
- Parents of children aged 6 through 13 should contact director Rita Lewis to set up an appointment to visit the school and discuss the child’s previous Montessori experience.
- Parents and students will be guided on a tour of the school by the director.
- Admission then proceeds along the same guidelines as those for young children as described above.
RMS welcomes new students of all races, nationalities and creeds.